Oh, sweet chocolate!

Oh, sweet chocolate!
Give a little love

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Drawing time again



Remember when I mentioned that I really, really wanted to do something I long wished I could have done, but never managed to do it?

Well, I have decided to start drawing again.

Why? That's not new, you may ask. After all, I did include the word "again".
But that's the thing. I'm doing it to do something really new for me: Digital Art.

Yes, I'm starting on my "do-what-you-want" project starting with, of course, sketches! Sketches, sketches, sketches!

I haven't drawn in a really, really long time.
I don't think my drawings are that great or loved anymore.
So, forgive the "amateur-just-decided-to-draw-again" feel.
I'm really, really working on it.
I just hope that by the end of this semester (October), I would be able to come up with a lot more drawings, and a lot more artworks! *Hoping!

Anyway, here are a few samples of the sketches I made!

Forgive the amateurity (if there is such a word). I really, really have to work on these sketches. I'm planning to use Photoshop to enhance the drawings, and eventually give life to them with color. I'm actually a little scared because I haven't tried digital art before.
Anyway, since I'm planning to edit these drawings on photoshop, I', going to post cleaner versions of the sketches and, eventually, colored and much better looking drawings. Again, please forgive the amateur feel. T_T




7 comments:

  1. those are beautiful :) I especially like the 3rd one. cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you say about your artwork, i think they are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'm actually still quite new to Photoshop so I have only edited quite a few. I'll be posting more pictures once I get to finish some of my drawings...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilai: Thank you so much! The third one is actually a sketch I made inspired by a ballet dancer on TV. Thank you so much for liking it. When I get to master Photoshop, I will post a colored version of the sketch. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. T: Wah. Thank you sooo much! *Hugs! There are a lot more people who are amazing with their artwork, but I really appreciate your liking mine! Thank you soo much. I'm just new to this whole thing, so I'm not so good with my hands yet. But, thanks anyway! *Hugs again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great start. :)

    i like the portrait of a girl in pencil sketch.
    the chinky eyes. the contours of the neck. and the lips. the face structure. smooth. i envy the way you draw the face structure. coz the tendency when i draw the face structure, the shape seems to be sharp. it stiffens the face. the subject then looks mature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah. You're too kind. It's one lucky shot at drawing. Most people comment on the Chinese girl. ^_^ I thank you guys for that. But, still, it's just an amateur attempt at drawing. You probably started drawing earlier. Plus, you have technique. I don't. ^_^

    ReplyDelete